Monday, 14 April 2014
Jade's Top 40 | 14.04.14
1. Faul & Wad Ad vs. Pnau - Changes [2-1-1]
2. Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX - Fancy [20-9-3-2]
3. Ed Sheeran - Sing
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect [20-4-4]
5. Coldplay - Magic [12-5-4-2-1-2-5]
6. Tove Lo ft. Hippie Sabotage - Stay High (Habits Remix) [10-3-5-6]
7. Calvin Harris - Summer [20-6-5-6-7]
8. The Saturdays - Not Giving Up
9. Duke Dumont ft. Jax Jones - I Got U [12-8-3-1-1-4-7-9]
10. Kaiser Chiefs - Coming Home
11. Martin Garrix & Jay Hardway - Wizard [23-27-25-10-6-3-6-8-11]
12. Klaxons - There Is No Other Time [9-12]
13. Gorgon City ft. MNEK - Ready For Your Love [1-1-1-1-1-2-4-7-10-13]
14. Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down [12-14]
15. Katy B - Crying For No Reason [12-3-2-2-3-5-8-11-15]
16. The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows [12-10-13-16]
17. Avicii - Addicted to You [9-7-7-11-14-17]
18. Chase & Status ft. Ed Thomas - Blk & Blu
19. Lady Gaga - G.U.Y. [14-12-15-19]
20. NONONO - Pumpin Blood [16-16-20]
21. Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - Rather Be [2-1-2-3-4-3-4-5-9-15-17-21]
22. Shakira - Empire [18-22]
23. Chris Malinchak - If U Got It [2-2-4-7-11-11-17-19-23]
24. Karmin - Drifter [16-18-20-24]
25. The Pierces - Believe In Me [26-29-25]
26. John Legend - All Of Me [16-15-23-25-28-26]
27. DVBBS & Borgeous ft. Tinie Tempah - Tsunami (Jump) [20-22-26-25-33-32-31-27]
28. Arches - There's a Place [35-37-40-34-28]
29. HAIM - If I Could Change Your Mind [14-21-29]
30. Vance Joy - Riptide [19-9-6-6-8-15-23-26-30]
31. Glee Cast - Toxic (Season 5) [18-19-22-31]
32. James Arthur - Get Down [16-13-21-23-32]
33. Ellie Goulding - Goodness Gracious [10-11-13-17-22-24-33]
34. Foxes - Let Go For Tonight [7-13-14-19-24-27-34]
35. Little Mix - Word Up! [12-9-8-13-25-35]
36. Sigma - Nobody to Love [30-36]
37. The Chainsmokers - #SELFIE [10-21-27-32-37]
38. Beyonce ft. Jay-Z - Drunk In Love [18-9-4-5-4-5-5-8-12-22-28-33-38]
39. Arctic Monkeys - Arabella [30-36-39]
40. Katy Perry - Birthday
This week's chart sees no change at the top - as Faul & Wad Ad vs. Pnau spend a second week there with hauntingly beautiful track Changes. Iggy Azalea also manages to climb a spot this week to claim this week's #2 with Fancy.
The highest new entry this week comes courtesy of Ed Sheeran with Sing at #3. Sheeran dropped the track last week and also announced that his next album will be named - as the follow up to huge #1 debut album +. I am absolutely loving this new one from him - a bit reminiscent to Justin Timberlake's earlier stuff but that is no bad thing. It is slick and just extremely infectious, here's hoping it sets the charts alight when it is released.
The next highest entry belongs to The Saturdays with Not Giving Up at #8. The track is the fourth single to be taken from the girls' latest studio album Living For the Weekend, and debuted at #19 officially, scoring them another top 20 hit. At first I wasn't too sure about this track, thinking it sounded a bit too much like their previous hit All Fired Up, but I am officially on board now. The track builds up to the euphoric explosion that is the chorus and boasts a strong dance-pop production with quickfire lyrics that work well.
The final new entry in the top 10 this week belongs to Kaiser Chiefs with Coming Home at #10. The track recently debuted at #31 officially, giving them their first top 40 hit since 2008's #5 single Never Miss a Beat. Coming Home is a fantastic return to form for the group, as not only are Ricky's vocals sounding great, but the track itself is very mellow and beautiful, especially with the guitar driven understated production.
The penultimate new entry this week comes courtesy of Chase & Status ft. Ed Thomas with Blk & Blu at #18. The track is the latest single to be taken from Chase & Status' latest studio album Brand New Machine. The track is definitely a stand out on the album, it took a while to grow on me but then suddenly clicked upon a certain listen. The production is fantastic and Ed Thomas was a genius choice to feature as the vocalist.
Last but not least, Katy Perry sneaks into my personal chart at #40 with Birthday. The track is the fourth single to be taken from Perry's latest studio album PRISM. It's an extremely fun track, and is continuing to grow on me more and more with each listen.